The Pastoral Care is part of comprehensive services provided by the institute. Health is not only the absence of disease but is the interplay of socio-political, economic, psycho-spiritual, and cultural well being of persons.
In connection with this, the chaplains, who lead the Pastoral Care, are members of the hospital healing team. Their relationship with the other hospital staff and employees determine the quality of their ministry for the patients and their families. They are skilled in pastoral counseling. They dedicate their skills and spiritual witness to the better health of the patient and their families, the staff and the medical team.
The Pastoral Care provides Psycho-Spiritual Services to the following:
1. The patients and their companions
· who are facing long term illness or critically ill
· who are lonely, anxious and despairing
· who want to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation and Anointing of the Sick
2. The NKTI Community
· for pastoral counseling, supportive friendship & understanding of the religious meaning of sickness and death
1. Bedside Visitation
2. Pastoral Counseling
3. Prayer for Healing or Blessing
4. Holy Communion
5. Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick
6. Sacrament of Reconciliation/Confession
Schedule of Availability of the Pastoral Services:
1. Monday-Friday: 8 am - 5 pm
2. Beyond Office Hours & Holidays: in cases of emergency
3. Saturday & Sunday: by appointment
To avail the Pastoral Services, please inform your nurse in-charge regarding your request or call the Chaplain’s Office at 924-3601, local 2117.
Schedule of Masses:
Monday 12: 15 pm
Tuesday 12: 15 pm
Wednesday 12: 15 pm
Thursday 12: 15 pm
Friday 12: 15 pm
Saturday No Mass
Sunday 11: 00 am
Schedule Novena Prayer:
· Every 12: 00 noon
Monday Novena to the Holy Spirit
Tuesday Novena to St. Camillus, Patron Saint of the Sick & Hospitals
Wednesday Novena to Our Mother of Perpetual Help
Thursday Novena to St. Jude Thaddeus
Friday Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
The chapel is located at the second floor of the main building. It is the place for personal prayer and communal celebration like the Holy Mass. The chaplain’s office is just beside the chapel.
The Institute has also a Masjid for our Muslim patients and their families who wish to observe their faith and prayer time. It is located at the second floor of the main building, near the Intensive Care Unit. The Masjid is open for 24 hours.