The Department of Adult Nephrology of the National Kidney and Transplant Institute is composed of highly accomplished nephrologists who are Diplomates and Fellows of the Philippine Society of Nephrology (PSN), and fifteen (15) highly competent and hardworking fellows-in-training. Its training program is accredited by the PSN and offers comprehensive training in general nephrology, hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, chronic kidney disease, renal transplantation and research. The Department handles, together with the Department of Organ Transplantation, about 300 kidney transplants each year. This represents about 50% of the transplant all over the country. It also has one of the largest Hemodialysis Units divided into a 12-station acute unit to serve in-patients and a 31-station out-patient hemodialysis unit. The Department's medical staff has experts in all types of dialysis and has the richest experience in managing kidney transplant patients. The Department likewise serves the largest Peritoneal Dialysis Unit. Thus the Department's medical staff has experts in all types of dialysis and has the richest experience in managing kidney transplant patients. Throughout the years, the efforts of the Department have been directed mainly towards improving the system of the renal health care delivery nationwide.
These are the QUALITY OBJECTIVES of the Department
1. To develop professional, knowledgeable and skilled nephrologists.
2. To develop compassionate and ethical nephrologists.
3. To attract qualified applicants for its training program.
4. To stimulate and develop a continuing commitment to scholarship.
1. To provide quality care to all in-patient and ambulatory patients with renal disease or kidney-related conditions.
2. To provide expertise in the diagnosis and management of renal failure, renal syndromes, acid-base imbalance, electrolyte problems, volume homeostasis and renal transplantation.
1. To initiate and engage in relevant research addressing nephrology issues of priority in the country
2. To formulate practice guidelines and protocols in the diagnosis and management of renal diseases based on evidence gathered from the experience of both the Institute and other local and foreign authors.
News & Events
1 to 4 of 63 »